AD-HOC ELECTORAL COMMITTEE
ASSOCIATION OF MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENTISTS OF NIGERIA, AMLSN
GUIDELINE FOR THE ELECTION OF BRANCH EXECUTIVE OFFICERS OF THE ASSOCIATION OF MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENTISTS OF NIGERIA (AMLSN) FCT – ABUJA BRANCH.
In exercise of the powers conferred on us by the constitution of the Association of medical laboratory scientists of Nigeria, the Ad-Hoc Electoral Committee hereby issues the following guidelines for the conduct of the elections.
1. The election shall be organized and conducted by the ad-hoc electoral committee comprising of seven members constituted by the Branch Executive Council. The members will not cast any vote. “Only financially up to date members shall vote or be voted for” in accordance with section 12(a) (vi) of AMLSN constitution.
2. All aspirants must collect and correctly fill the application forms with true information. The completed forms must be returned to reach the Chairman/Secretary of the Electoral Committee on or before 11th June 2015, with evidence of payment of application fee.
3. Each aspirant shall pay the prescribed fee as detailed below:
The Branch Chairman N20,000
The Vice Chairman N15,000
General Secretary N15,000
Assistant General Secretary N10,000
Financial Secretary N10,000
Public Relation Officer (P.R.O.) N10,000
Welfare Officer N10,000
4. Payment should be made into the Association of medical laboratory scientists of Nigeria AMLSN FCT Branch, Zenith bank account No: 1010562391, the photocopy of the teller must be submitted with the nomination form to the Electoral Committee.
5. All aspirants vying for the post of the Branch Chairman must have served as an Executive officer at the branch, or as Chairman at chapter level to be eligible to contest for the position of branch chairman.
6. Any false information in the form will be viewed as a criminal offence under section 419 of the Constitution of the Federal Government of Nigeria and the aspirant will be disqualified under the relevant section of the AMLSN constitution.
7. After the last date of submission of forms, the Electoral Committee shall meet to scrutinize and verify the claims and information submitted by aspirants.
8. The Electoral Committee shall display the list of eligible candidates at the venue of the election.
9. The State Chapter of AMLSN must prepare the authentic nominal roll of financially up to date members and submit same to the Electoral Committee for scrutiny 2 weeks before the election. Please note that the lists from the chapters will be authenticated with the branch AMLSN/MLSCN financial list to determine the eligibility of votes/Aspirants. Those without existing chapters should bring evidence of payment from the branch Financial Secretary.
10. The voter’s card must be produced for collection of ballot papers.
11. The last day of campaign is 12.00 midnight before the day of election. There shall be no campaign on the Election day and at the venue. Unruly behavior by any aspirant, supporters/agents will attract instant disqualification even after clearance to contest.
12. A person will not be eligible to vote or be voted for is he/she
• Has not registered as a participant at the venue of the election.
• Is not a registered member of the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria.
• Does not possess the current practicing license or evidence of payment of the 2014 MLSCN and 3 years FCT AMLSN annual dues up to May, 2015 for voters and current practicing license or evidence of payment of the 2015 MLSCN and 3 years FCT AMLSN dues up to June 2015 for contestants.
13. There shall be a manifesto presentation by all contestants at the venue of the election.
14. The election shall commence by 3:00pm on the 25th June 2015.
15. Ballot boxes for each post shall be displayed. The voters shall write the name of the candidate of his/her choice for each post on the ballot paper. Ballot papers with more than one name or showing alterations shall be rendered invalid. The ballot paper shall be dropped in the boxes provided for each post by the voters.
16. Each candidate shall provide an agent who shall be required to sign the result sheet. His/her refusal to sign shall not invalidate the result.
17. The result of the election shall be recorded on a result form which shall contain the following information:
• The name of the candidate
• The number of votes
• The number of valid votes
• The number of invalid votes
• The candidate with the highest number of votes
18. The candidate with the highest number of votes shall be declared the winner. In event of a tie, a runoff election will be conducted among the candidates with the highest equal number of votes.
19. Thereafter, the Chairman of the Electoral Committee shall announce the election result and declare the candidate with the highest number of votes on each elective post as winner.
20. Certificates of return will be presented to the eventual winners by the chairman, Ad-hoc Electoral Committee.
21. The AEC shall organize the swearing-in immediately.
Ad-hoc Electoral Committee Ad-hoc Electoral Committee