In response to feedback from AMLSN learners regarding connectivity interruptions when taking eLearning courses, all eLearning courses have been migrated to a new open-source Moodle eLearning platform, including the newly released Series III eLearning courses.
The new eLearning website is: http://moodle.amlsn.org.ng
What you need to know:
- If you registered with the old website, your username and password will work on the new website. However, you may be prompted to update your profile and possibly change your password.
- Your grades have been transferred.
- If you are registered with MLSCN and an AMLSN member, the courses are covered by a portion of the N5,000 CPD fee that you pay MLSCN annually.
Some basic tips on how to access and navigate the new platform:
- Once logged in, choose one of the nine courses by clicking on the title.
- You can navigate back to the course Session by clicking the back arrow on your browser or by clicking on
the Session link at the top of the page.
- View course content by clicking on the Page icons. The main course content is displayed as Pages. Click on the title to load the Page and read the content.
- View Supplemental Materials by clicking on the PDF icon. Supplemental Materials may be displayed in PDFs or other formats including pictures and video that may require you to download additional software.
- Test your knowledge by clicking on the Quiz icons. Some Sessions have brief quizzes; complete them in preparation for the Final Exam, which appears under Course Assessments.
- Track your progress by using the Your progress boxes that are to the right of course content. Click on the corresponding box to indicate the content you have completed.
For more detailed step-by-step instructions, see the Guide on Accessing and Navigating the AMLSN eLearning Courses.
Contact AMLSN Communications Officer Daniel Adedigba by email if you continue to experience any problems: email@example.com.
Series III (2014) Courses Available for Download
- The offline version (PDF) of the Laboratory Diagnosis of Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) course is now available. Please download it here: http://bit.ly/1DLqhri (size = 2.97 MB).
- The offline version (PDF) of the New Diagnostic Tools for STIs and Quality Considerations is now available. Please download it here: http://bit.ly/1uoN4pW (size = 1.23 MB).
- The offline version (PDF) of the Introduction to Laboratory Quality Management System is now available. Please download it here: http://bit.ly/1w7v273 (size = 1.11 MB)
- The offiline version (PDF) of the Fundamentals of Polymerase Chain Reaction and its Applications in HIV Molecular Diagnosis and Monitoring will be available soon.
Please keep in mind that you will need to log-in to the eLearning website to complete the final exams. Please refer to the frequently asked question (FAQ) list if you have a question. If your question is not answered in the FAQ, please post it to the AMLSN eLearning Facebook Group.